Use Kiosk mode to determine what attendees can do using the iPad. Choose whether attendees can check in, register, or both.
- To keep lines short, consider using one iPad for check-in and another for registration.
- The Onsite in a Box app does not collect payment.
Event managers must collect payment onsite using RainFocus Admin. For more information, see Collect Payment.
If you are not currently using Kiosk mode, you can easily switch to it.
This article includes the following sections:
As needed, you can switch the mode on an iPad.
To switch modes:
- After configuring the app, tap the Settings icon at the lower left.
- If required, enter your passcode.
- On the top right, tap Switch to Admin mode or Switch to Kiosk mode, depending on the mode the app is in.
- Click the (<) button to display the new mode.
Note: If you need to change the kiosk settings after setting them up, you can change the Kiosk settings by tapping the Settings icon Change Settings for the Onsite in a Box App.at the lower left of the app. For more information, see
Set up Kiosk Mode
To set up Kiosk mode:
Choose how attendees will use the iPad when it is in Kiosk mode.
Option What You Configure What Attendees See Check in Only
With Check In only enabled, attendees can only use the kiosk to check themselves in.
Depending on what you set up in the next step, attendees can either find their account profile by scanning a QR code or by searching for their email address and/or name. Refer to the options in the following step.
Attendees see the check in screen.
Depending on your selections, attendees can use the iPad to do the following:
- Find their check-in profile by searching or by scanning a QR code.
- Fill in information missed during registration and check-in.
- Tap Done to print the badge.
With Register Only enabled, attendees can only use the kiosk to register for the event.
Check in or Register
With Check In and Registration selected, attendees can choose to check in or register for the event using the same iPad in Kiosk mode.
Attendees see a screen with Check In and Register options.
- When attendees, that have not registered nor paid in full, attempt to check in, one of the following error messages displays:
- "Registered but not paid in full; please see the event manager."
- "Not registered"
- If attendees attempt to check when they have checked in already, an “Already checked in” message displays.
Survey With Survey selected, attendees can use the kiosk to take surveys.
Attendees see a survey screen.
Upon scanning their badge or logging in, attendees can take the surveys available on their profile.
Note: All surveys must be configured in RainFocus Admin. See Predefine Settings for Onsite in a Box App.
Kiosk Language Choose which language will display on the kiosk. Screens display in the selected language.
Choose how attendees find their account profile while checking in.
Option What You Configure What Attendees See Express check in (QR code) With Express check in (QR code) enabled, attendees can find their account profile by scanning a QR code in their welcome email. Attendees can search by name in kiosk mode
By default, attendees can find their account profile by searching for their email address.
With Attendees can search by name in kiosk mode enabled, attendees can also search for themselves by name.
Note: Consider that with this search by name feature enabled, individuals with similar names may inadvertently select someone else’s profile when checking in.
After configuring the kiosk, attendees can use the iPad according to the settings.
If desired, event staff can change the Kiosk settings by tapping the Settings icon Change Settings for the Onsite in a Box App.at the lower left of the app. For more information, see